LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Jul 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America

I was going to take today off but instead I want to share two thoughts about the Freedom we celebrate - or should I say - the Freedom we should be celebrating.  We have read in our history books that former slaves were told that because of President Lincoln they had been freed but their reply was:  "I knows about Massah Lincoln but I don't knows nothin bout no freedom"!  I fear too many of us have been freed by Christ but our reply often times is.  "I knows about the Lawd Jesus Christ but I don't knows nothin bout no freedom"!

Thought:  Many feel that Secular Freedom is having to do what you want to.  However, Religious Freedom is wanting to do what you have to do. 

Question:  What have I been freed to do?  Galatians 5: 1 & 5:  It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. . .   The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.  Christ has set us free to love.

Challenge:  I Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love. How can I love God, myself, others and my country better today?


Happy Birthday America!!

1 comment:

  1. You are on a roll Sis....These are wonderful posts about becoming a butterfly and acting like a new creature......

    God is always pushing us toward that freedom for He paid a high price....now to take hold of it and act accordingly.......

    I like Mary, am so glad you are posting....You have a gift and it would be a shame for all us not to be blessed by your words of wisdom....

    Love ya,
    Nanie

    ReplyDelete