LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Apr 12, 2011

The Lenten Journey

Day 35:  Focus Girl!
I must confess that after days of having people around, even if they are the ones I love more than anything in the world, I can wake up cranky and unfocused because although I exhibit great extravert qualities I am really an introvert and must have time by myself to restore and refuel.  As I woke up today whatever song was going off in my head disappeared because the news was on and I got unfocused.  My soul’s desire is that I hear no voice except my Abba until I am focused so I found myself going into my “negative” mode of. . . what if my house sells and a giant hurricane comes… what if my house doesn’t sell and I never have my “stuff”…what if I never get the relationships in my life the way I want them to…what if my man and I never really understand each other (like that can really happen as we are opposites)…what if I never………..  Oh my, that doesn’t create peace and tranquility.  I ran to Abba and asked what I should do.  I  heard the clear word “Focus”.  I asked myself if that was His voice and can you believe, as much as I dislike TV, the world Focus boomed out?  OK, I’m on track – Focus Girl.  What do I focus on?  Well, first I focused on how I could make everything perfect and everybody get along perfectly (Hmmm I do believe I have  a “Jesus complex” this morning – like I could really accomplish that).  Believe it or not,  I even bought into that sneaky snake lie and bite the apple before I knew what I was doing.  I tried to help my man be perfect!  Now how many times am I going to believe that lie and “go for it?”  After the day began in a real “stew” I rewound or went for a “redo”.  Abba, I didn’t get that one right so I will sit my little butte down and Listen.  Yep – In Quietness and Trust is your strength!  Oh Abba, how many days, how many times am I going to have to repeat that verse before it sinks into my spirit and brain?  Ok, one more time…In Quietness and Trust is Your Strength. . . 35 Days of Requests from Abba and all of the requests are about morphing me into His Gal.  Now focus… I am a soldier in His Army to accomplish His purposes, bring honor to Him and Enjoy Him Forever!!  Yes Sir!  FOCUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment