LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Apr 11, 2011

The Lenten Journey

Day 33:  Accept My Peace

"The Peace that Jesus Gives"

Like the sunshine after rain, Like a rest that follows pain,
Like a hope returned again, Is the peace that Jesus gives.

Refrain
Oh, the peace that Jesus gives never dies; it always lives.
Like the music of a psalm, like a glad, eternal calm,
Is the peace that Jesus gives, Is the peace that Jesus gives.

Like the soft, refreshing dew, like a rosy daybreak new,
Like a friendship tender, true, Is the peace that Jesus gives.

Like a river deep and long, with its current ceaseless, strong,
Like the cadence of a song, Is the peace that Jesus gives.
- Haldor Lillenas, 1885-1959
I woke up and wanted to be focused - but I might add I am agitated this morning.  One of my old friends is becoming totally incapacitated by Lou Gehrig’s disease;  another of my new friends father was re-birthed into heaven yesterday; a fellow believer is causing havoc in life, and my Daddy is in my home for several days and is eaten up with “self” and “aging”.  He also is eaten up with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) which I inherited.   Watching him be an old, self absorbed person is more frightening than dealing with the issues that I have considered “major” in my life (mastectomy, depression, raising teenagers, having my marriage be an example of Christ and His bride, etc.)  I realize as I watch him that I have this inward dialogue (maybe more like panic) going on with God asking that He please help me remain a "gentle and quiet" woman.  God has blessed me this Lenten season by requesting that I give Him the things I don’t need to “mess” with and accept the Gifts that produce Abundant Life.  So, again this morning, I am “dealing”.  Dealing with the things I have no control over, things I can’t change, things that cause anxiety if I allow my mind to go to those “mind fields”.    Focusing on my Abba, I heard Him say:  Breathe Baby doll, regain focus”!  Abba what do you want me to focus on?  That’s when I heard my instructions:  
Isaiah 40:31   But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.  They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't get tired,  they walk and don't lag behind.  (The Message) - (Or the King James version)   But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Yes Breathe – great gulps of God’s word.  Refocus my brain – do not worry, be anxious, fear, judge, condemn, act snitty, or dare I say bitchy?  But spread those wings Pattigail and focus on Abba; Listen to Abba; meditate on Abba’s Word and . . . la la la The things of earth shall grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace. La la la  
Again, I am undone that I began my Lenten Journey to prove I could “give up” something for Abba and He has asked me to accept the things that blow this blond, senior citizen brain – like  Watch Me Soar!!!

2 comments:

  1. Pat I love how you take everything to Papa! Sometimes I stay too silent internally...going through the motions...not paying attention to the emotions churning inside, not taking them to Papa and getting his perspective on them. I'm not sure if it is fear or apathy. Maybe bit of both. But you sharing this journey, makes my heart yearn for the intimacy you have with HIM!!! The joy you have in God just spills out in your speech and in your life.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mary is right, the intimacy you have with our Father does spill out in everything you share with us. I have truly enjoy and learned from your writings here during the Lenten Season!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete