LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Apr 4, 2011

The Lenten Journey

Day 27:  Treat Him Like Me!
First, for any of you that are following this, I will be away from the computer for a week – but I will continue my Lenten Journey and catch up next week.
As I was singing  my little head off – inside of course – as my man K Larry might not be able to handle it this early, I sensed Abba directing my thoughts.  What would it look like if I treated K Larry the way I treat my Abba?  The next step – what would it look like if my daughter in love treated my son the way she treats Abba?   How would my daughter’s mom in love feel if my daughter treated her son the same way she treats Abba . . .What if people took their marriage vows seriously and quit waiting for their partner to treat them better before they carried out their God assignment of showing the world the love of Jesus through our marriages?  (Bad writing but that’s the jumble going on in this blond brain!)  I must also mention that the world “Tough Love” popped up also in that God doesn’t ask us to Love any differently than He loves so it means no “crap” going on in our marriages:  speaking the truth in love, producing only good results for each other as long as we live, looking at Proverbs 31 and Ephesians 5 and “lining up”.   He calmly let me know that I am not responsible for how anyone else, including my man, responds to His requests (I’m reminded of Peter asking Jesus:  excuse me what about John?  Jesus told him to mind his own business).  Today, can I mind my own business, focus on Jesus’ request for me  as a gift to Him and LOVE   MY   MAN   THE   WAY    I   LOVE JESUS?  OK,  I’m taking a deep breath and heading out to give Him the gift He requested today – Oh please Pray for Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment