LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 14, 2011

The Season of Lent

Day 6:   Enjoy Me – Your God
Ponder:  Enjoy God, what does that mean to me?  More importantly,  What Does That Mean to GOD?   I was surprised by the Thought ENJOY ME!  My mind started its rambling  -  God, don’t I enjoy You?  I read Your Word, I Pray, I stay on the lookout for how I can impact people by being available to be Your Ambassador.  What does Enjoy mean?  Uh Oh, I couldn’t find “enjoy” in my Biblical Dictionary.  OK, is it in the Bible?  Yes, there are 15 references but none about Enjoying God.    Well, where did the people who wrote the    Westminster Shorter Catechism No. 1get this thought? 

Q. 1. What is the chief end of man(kind)?
A. Man(kind)’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.”

I look in the Greek Dictionary = Zero.  I look in the Hebrew Dictionary:  Voila: English Thesaurus: EnjoyReceive pleasure or satisfaction from.  Have the use or benefit of!  I get excited and enter “Enjoy God” = Zero!  OK, last resort:  God, what does it mean to Enjoy you – TODAY?  Oh my, the 23rd Psalm pops in my head.  The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures.  He leads me beside the still waters, He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness - for His name’s sake.  Although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.  Your rod and staff comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil.  My cup runs over.  Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the home of the Lord forever.    I picture my Shepherd.  I picture what a well loved sheep experiences.  "Trust Me,"  God says, "it’s about Me not You."  A shepherd is in control of His sheep’s well being.  The sheep just has to follow the shepherd.  The shepherd doesn’t ask the sheep if it approves or is in agreement.  Oh wow, enjoy means to focus differently today.  I focus on my Good Shepherd.  Oh, that is why Jesus said: I am the GOOD Shepherd.  There are bad shepherds, but my Shepherd is the Good Shepherd so I can ENJOY HIM.


2 comments: