LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 13, 2011

The Season of Lent

Day 5:       A Hearing Ear
Ohhh, this is being harder than I realized.  As I focus on my Heart, Solitude, a Gentle and Quiet Spirit and My Mouth, I am shown that all of this goes into a great big pot called my Spirit and it is bumping against lots of interior thoughts, ideas, desires, dreams, etc.  It is revealing so much of my thought life is about ME.   I am faced again with giving God what He wants each day as a Lenten Gift.  He is revealing my desires to have things my way, do it my way, stand and at the top of my lungs sing “I DID IT MY WAY.”  What does a hearing ear have to do with all of this?  I can’t have a Contrite Heart, experience Solitude, live with a Gentle and Quiet Spirit and have My Mouth controlled without my EARS being tuned to His Voice.  I never realized that my voice inside my head and heart was so loud.  He is revealing that it is easier to put on a façade than to have change come from the Inside to the Outside.  Uh Oh, I stopped to look up “hearing ear” in the Bible:  103 Times it is used!  
Proverbs 15:31 – The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
I Corinthians 2:9 – But it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neigher have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
Open my ears that I may hear, Voices of truth thou sendest clear;  And while the wave notes fall on my ear,  Everything false will disappear.  Silently now I wait for thee, Ready, my God, Thy will to see; Open my eyes, illumine me.  Spirit divine.
 (Open My Eyes – Clara H Scott 1841-1897)

No comments:

Post a Comment