LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 12, 2011

The Season of Lent

Day 4:    My Mouth             
Why would God ask me to give Him my mouth today!  Hmm, could it be because of all the dental work as I have a Million Dollar Mouth?  Could it be because I think what comes out of my mouth is more valuable than what comes out of the mouths of people around me?  I guess I had better look up “MOUTH” in my Bible and see what God says.  I am astonished because Mouth is used 415 time in the King James version of the Bible!  It is used 68 times in Psalms.    This is BIG.   Checking out why  God wants me to give Him my mouth today,   I am told what God’s mouth does, what evil people’s mouths do but most importantly, what my mouth can do:  discourage, encourage, bless, curse, cause people to trust in the Lord, praise, sing. . .  However, there is a promise that if I open wide my mouth, God will fill it - Psalm 81:10.  OK, God has my attention!  Going through all the references in Psalms, I see why the talk shows are so popular.  People believe that their lips manage the world - Psalm 12:4.   I am told that I need to purpose with my mouth not to transgress - Psalm 17:3  Oooo How am I going to do that?  Psalm 141:3 tells me I can ask the Lord to set a watch over my mouth to keep my lips controlled.    My prayer today will be:
Psalm 19:14 – Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
  Take Joy My King In What You Hear, May It Be a Sweet Sweet Sound in Your Ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment