LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 11, 2011

The Season of Lent

Day 3:             A Gentle and Quiet Spirit

 I Peter 3:3-4 (The Message) What matters is not your outer appearance—the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes—but your inner disposition.  Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in.

Or in my words from King James:  It is the hidden person in my heart, which can't be messed with by the world and what goes on in it.  I am to  put on a meek and quiet spirit, which is very valuable to God!

I must focus today on having a meek inner disposition.  What does that look like?  Meekness in describing Jesus meant that His disposition was His power controlled by God.  Oh my, whether I want to admit it or not, I have power.  My actions can affect each situation I find myself in today.  I have Power to impact my husband, my children, my friends by how I allow God to flow through me today with His mighty power.   Ponder. . .Ponder. . .  How will my life be valuable to God today IF I choose to allow Him to be powerful in me in a way that others see a humble spirit?
Now, on to “Quiet”.   Gentleness [N] Sensitivity of disposition and kindness of behavior, founded on strength and prompted by love. .
I realize that both of these words are in the context of “power and strength.”  Upon further searching,  it is talking about the kind of wife I am to be.  At this period of my life, God is not allowing me to get away from the focus of the kind of wife He wants me to be.  OK, there is a picture emerging here:  Quiet, Power, Wife!
In our crazy world where saying you are a "Wife" doesn't produce any hoopla or applause, I think God wants me to think differently from the world.  I'm off to have a gentle and quiet spirit as I navigate my day.  And that doesn't mean sitting quietly and doing nothing.  It means "Turn on the Power" the right way.
Confession:  Before I even got this published I have already blown it once!  That's ok cause I'm headed in the right direction.

Walking in Jerusalem where Jesus walked!  Focus: follow where He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment