LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 30, 2011

The Lenten Journey

Day 22:  Love Me
My Jesus, I Love Thee
Words: William R. Featherston, 1864
Music: “Gordon,” Adoniram J. Gordon, 1876

My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine; for thee all the follies of sin I resign. 
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art thou; if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now. 

I love thee because thou hast first loved me, and purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree; I love thee for wearing the thorns on thy brow; if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now. 

In mansions of glory and endless delight;  I'll ever adore thee in heaven so bright; I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow; if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now. 

Uh oh, I’m feeling like Peter this morning!  La la la Do you love ME la la la?  I want to do like Peter and say “of course, you know I love you”!  But I sense He is asking a deeper question.  Do you love me enough to Trust Me?  Do your actions show You Trust Me?
 What does Trusting Him really mean?   If I trusted Him would I get in a twit so quickly when something I don’t expect happens?  Do I trust that He is really watching over me and those I love?  Do I trust that He is really in control of my life?  The scripture “If You Love Me – You Will Keep My Commandments – rings in my heart.  Words like do not fear, do not let the sun go down without dealing with anger, feed my sheep,  be still and know that I am God, do not be anxious ect. etc. 
Oh my my, there is a big pot of emotions boiling around inside me.  Do I really BELIEVE that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do.  For today, He is asking me to move the love relationship deeper; to trust Him more; to not play any games with myself and “in everything" Trust Him to be my God.  He whispers: "When you really Love someone, you Trust them.  I am asking you to Love me enought to Trust Me".

No comments:

Post a Comment