LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 22, 2011

The Lenten Journey

Day 14:  Accept Peace
OK, what is going on?  In this “Lenten Sacrifice” I thought I was going to be asked to give up something and concentrating on keeping my little hand open where God would take away “bad” stuff – food, drink – yes the “peanuts of life.”  However, what He is doing is asking me to grasp with my little hand all the good things He has provided!   Now, isn’t that just like God?  I want to live in the mentality of “Oh look at me, I am so spiritual that I gave up something for God” versus “Oh look at God, He is so wonderful He just keeps piling it on!”
Well, He did take another thing away yesterday -  Another “ministry” that I participate in.  I can hardly believe He has removed two “ministry” areas from my life in less than 4 days?  Oh my, I feel like He is striping me of what I perceive gives me identity.  Who am I if I don’t teach?  Who am I if I don’t lead?  Who am I if I don’t move with the spiritual movers and shakers?  Who am I?  My heart is about to burst because He is saying “YOU   ARE  MINE.  I have showered you with gifts and you have taken them but are not enjoying them."  (Side note:  that’s just like my mom and dad – I give them wonderful things and they put them in a drawer to save for special times – selah).   He is giving understanding of what His Lenten request is for me today:  "Baby doll, I want you to enjoy PEACE" – oh my here comes an acronym –
P  ractice
E  njoying
A  ssuredly
C  hrist’s
E  xtravagance
Oh my WORD – excitement is surging through my veins as I accept His gifts.   Oh I just have to sing:
My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee, all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, My Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

I love Thee because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus 'tis now.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/r/religious_music/my_jesus_i_love_thee.html ]

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this post was so timely for me!! God truly knows what we need and when we need it.

    I have been dealing with a back injury and had to give up several ministries in my church and it's been heartbreaking. I know that the Lord is growing me through this experience, though. I have really asked the same questions you have-who am I? He is faithful to answer that question and has been over the past 6 months I've been dealing with this.

    I just love your blog! Coming here is like having a cool breeze blow over you and your words have such a calming affect. Thank you for sharing!!

    God bless you - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat this spoke to the center of my soul!!! I haven't been online much of late, but hope to visit more often now..Blessings from someone who thanks God for you!!!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete