Day 13: Count It All Joy
What a weekend! What a surprise! What confusion! I “conflicted” with another person. My spin was that I was trying to make things better! But after the weekend was over, what really happened is:
· I learned that all is not as it appears.
· Grace and Love are stronger than being right.
· You must have friends to help you – Like a Heron and Owl.
· My best friend is my man, K Larry – He’s so smart.
· My scrawny butte was saved! I was getting ready to go somewhere He didn’t want me to go!
· I had every opportunity to be angry, hurt, vengeful and un-Christ like.
· I passed the test and am Rejoicing!
To top it off when I woke this morning, I heard the sweet voice of my Abba - that I absolutely love - saying:
Count it all Joy, Baby doll – I saved you!
How many times He has tried to save me I’ll never know until I get to heaven, but for today I have been saved from going somewhere I didn’t need to go. Today He is asking me to bask in Joy – not because of what I did but what I allowed Him to do - that is profound.
James 1:2-4 – Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and show its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
And by the way, Abba – thank you for K Larry, the wise owl and the focused great heron, and yes the pelican too! You are teaching me so much on this Lenten Journey – and definitely not what I thought I would learn – but BETTER!
I Love You God !!