LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mar 28, 2011

The Lenten Journey



Day 20:   Watch for Instructions
Today started rather early and I was on the go from the moment my feet hit the floor.  However as I awoke I was on the lookout for Abba's request or instructions.  As I had many things that kept me going at mach speed today, I was constantly aware that I had not heard anything yet.  Later in the day when there was a rather big misunderstanding between my man and me - I heard His voice.  "Be Still, just listen, and give him understanding and your attention."  My thought was that I would much rather air my side of the situation.  Instead I listened, shared briefly and then did everything I could to create a happy memory day.  Now why would I rather be "right" (or not) or make sure my side was presented well when I could be a peace maker and not waste precious time proving my point of view.  

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed  are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God

 Oh what a sweet hug that was.  I was remembering this scripture wrong and thought that peacemakers were the ones that inherited the earth but I   AM   A  CHILD   OF  GOD
By the way - did anybody notice I didn't eat chocolate today?  I don't think anybody even cared - including Abba

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed this post Pat..I didn't have Chocolate either...ehhehe (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete