LISTENING WOMAN

LISTENING WOMAN
Do You Hear What I Hear?

Nov 5, 2010

What Would You Like to Hear?

Today, be encouraged to read - not once but many times - God Guides - by Mary Geegh (Website http://www.god-guides.com/).  This little book was given to me and I placed in in my bookcase because it wasn't glitzy or necessarily appealing.  However, being convicted to check out the gift, I pulled it out and an Absolute God Adventure begin.  A simple woman, sharing how God led her on a fabulous adventure by Listening for His thoughts on Everything and the following quote have led to walking closer with God and joining Him in what He is doing
:
When (wo)man listens, God speaks.
When (wo)man obeys, God acts.
When God acts, (wo)men change.
When (wo)men change, nations change. (p.23)

Hint:  to get the most out of this book, underline what God says to you in different colors each time your read it.  Get ready for a surprise!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Pat, I for one knew I had to read that book to be prepared for the Retreat I attended, and as I started reading I thought how profound these statements where. Yes, I have changed the way I go about my quiet time with God...My ears, eyes and heart are open to HIS precious voice in and around me. Funny how I've studied the Bible over many years however it never really sunk in how important it was to be quiet and really listen...I even have a large plague on my wall here at home that says, "Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God" Ralph Waldo Emerson....God doesn't just whisper to me he's verberating thoughoutmy heart and mind.. How awesome it's been since I got home to have my eyes and ears fully open!!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev. So good to see your pretty face. Listening is Awesome, isn't it? Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Girlfriend,
    I am so thankful you introduced me to this book. It has made a profound difference in my life and in my quiet time.....

    A book every Christian needs to have close to their Bible....

    Have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete